Why has my payment failed?
We're sorry there's been a problem with your payment process - let's get it sorted.
There are a few reasons why your payment may not be going through. From our experience, the 4 reasons below are the most common ones and, for the majority, we at TravelLocal don't need to get involved.
We recommend that you:
1. Check your 3-digit security code
On average 2.25% of transactions are declined due to an incorrect security code being provided. It's worth making completely sure that you entered it correctly before reading on.
2. Check your daily payment limit
The amount you are trying to pay might exceed the amount you are allowed to pay within a day. Check any daily limits you may have with your bank.
3. Check your credit limit
The amount you are trying to pay might exceed your credit limit. If that is the case, we would encourage you to contact your bank and discuss your limit options.
4. 3D Secure might be causing the issue
- Feedback from our travelers suggests that using the Google Chrome web browser can help.
- Please contact your bank or Credit Card provider and mention issues with "3D secure" - they can assist and authorize the transaction (Also known under the name Verified by Visa or Visa Secure for Visa cards, SecureCode or Mastercard Identity Check for Master Cards)
- Please make sure the feature is activated for your Credit Card (check with your Credit Card provider if need)
For sensible financial security reasons we can't deactivate this security feature or authorize the transaction for you. The safest way is for you to contact your bank.
5. If you're still struggling perhaps try a different payment method...
- Use a different card. This may avoid some of the potential problems listed above.
- Pay via bank transfer. This payment option is possible so please reach out to your local expert and they will be able to provide you with this information.
If you're still struggling with your payment please contact the Customer Support team via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to identify and resolve the issue!